On the last week, half of our team have visited Gamescom. It was an interesting experience. I’ll write some thoughts about our participation there.
– Many people stopped near our booth trying to figure out how strategy can combine with football. When I explained some basic rules, people had a lot of interest because they have not seen anything similar before.
– It was great to see a spark in the eyes when players figured out that skills allow prolonging a turn from 3 to 4 and more actions.
– It was a lot of pleasure when some of the players which played 50 and more hours in FTG, came to us to say “Hi!” or to thank for the game. Showcasing the game in such a huge exhibition is hard. And when our fans come and say good words, it added some energy 🙂
– We created special magnets which would recall players about our game. Players who won a match on the stand could choose the magnet. When our experienced players came to us, I played personally against them. Even though I won the match against them, they were awarded the magnet anyway. I really wanted to make a good surprise for our fans.
– We had 10 different magnets: Cologne, Dortmund, Munich, Berlin, Gelsenkirchen, Leverkusen, Barcelona, West London, Paris, Torino. The most popular magnets were Cologne and Dortmund. The least popular – Berlin 🙂 If we visited Gamescom again, I’d change Berlin for Frankfurt.
– Our console publisher prepared energetic drinks with FTG print. Some players were lucky enough to buy the game’s key with the big discount and with the drink at the same moment 🙂
– It was a pleasure to see many grown-up gamers (30+ yo). These players were more interested in our game than the younger ones. Btw, write, please, in the comments, how old are you. I’m 36 😉
– Players visit Gamescom for big AAA titles. But it was great that there were a lot of players in the indie zone as well. I like the fact that all German visitors could speak English even a bit (most of them spoke English very well though).
We have returned home and started working on the Autumn update. Starting from the next week, I’ll be telling you what new features will come.